Our Mission: To stop the needless killing of healthy and treatable pets in Texas animal shelters through legislation and political advocacy.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION TODAY!
ANIMAL SHELTER STATISTICS
Contact: No Kill Advocates are needed in Sugarland
Click below for Intake and Outcome records for Sugarland animal control.
2007 - Sept 2008 - 20.91% kill rate;
Oct 2008 - Sept 2009 - 32.82% kill rate;
Oct 2009 - Sept 2010 - 41% kill rate)
*Note: Sugarland AC's kill rates may actually be higher as Sugarland did not
report their numbers for several requested categories including died, missing,
transferred to another kill shelter.
Front Desk Operations- Oct 2009-Sept 2010
In addition, Sugarland reported the following:
1) Confiscated (Bite, Cruelty or Police call) - do not separate these out
2) Owner Surrender - do not take owner surrender
3) Return from Foster - do not provide foster care
4) Disease/Illness - listed as injured, includes disease/illness
5) Feral - cats are not behaviorally evaluated
6) Over crowded kennel - do not euthanize for capacity
7) Rabies testing - do not breakdown by species